Friday 10 June 2011

On your toes!

When I reached the Safai Vidhyalay office this morning, I heard the prayer song being sung in the office room. A quick check on my watch reassured me that I was well before prayer timeand so I went in to see who this was in our office singing the prayer. What I saw was a pleasant surprise indeed! It was the children from the Loving Community huddled in a circle, singing their prayers with Chris and Aruna by their side. The children, I learnt later were going to see Manav Sadhna that day. So I took this chance to do a small videography activity with them in Manav Sadhna. It was a simple activity wherein the children were divided into 2 groups and given one flip camera each. After their tour of Manav Sadhna was done, they were told to a small video of what they liked best in Manav Sadhna. This video was then discussed with them.

Here, is one video that I thought was a very  good  effort.
 It is  beautiful   how the children who made this, Saraswathi, Sangeetha, Avinash and Annapurna had an eye for small things in Manav Sadhna and particularly liked the way the shoes were arranged ever so neatly outside in a row.'We understand how a person is by seeing how he leaves his footwear' said Sangeetha during the discussion of the video, which I thought was very interesting and true too! In addition to this, they also seem to have liked the notice board in Manav Sadna with all it's colourful photographs. ' We like it that it shows what is natural. Everything in the pictures are so real.' said Avinash.




The other team which comprised of Sreenath, Navin, Lakshmi and Priyanka appreciated cleanlinessin their video. Their video showed glimpses of Manav Sadhna with it's clean environment and regard for nature.

The activity ended with a discussion of the videos after which the children left to watch a movie with their friends at Ekatva. Their first tryst with the flip camera indeed kept them on their toes and today, even the youngest of the lot seemed to be eager to get their hands on the camera. It is their enthusiasm that makes meeting them ever so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment